Therma-Tru’s “Door Do-Over Week” is August 3-7, 2015 – includes Sweepstakes!
Maumee, Ohio (PRWeb) July 23, 2015 / Therma-Tru is sponsoring “Door Do-Over Week” from August 3-7, 2015. Door Do-Over Week is where experts can answer important questions and offer insight to homeowners who are looking to replace doors or inquire about home improvement projects. With the success from last year’s Door Do-Over Week, Director of Brand Management for Therma-Tru Corp., Donna Contat, said, “We’re looking forward to once again helping consumers evaluate their current doors, learn more about door aesthetics and components, and providing valuable information on making door purchase decisions.”
There are many reasons a home may need a new door – doors can wear out, homeowners may “inherit” a door on a home they’ve recently purchased. Homeonwers have the freedom of replacing front entry doors at their leisure to either increase their curb appeal or replace a worn out door. Replacing entry doors consistently ranks among the most valuable remodeling projects according to Remodeling magazine’s “Cost vs. Value Report.” This report evaluates remodeling costs and resale value to determine which projects will give homeowners the greatest ROI.
Door Do-Over Week coincides with National Curb Appeal Month in August. Contat adds, “Our goal is to provide homeowners with information and ideas for making a smart, affordable and good-looking door replacement choice for their homes. Where it’s a wood-grained entry door that complements an Arts and Crafts-style home or a smooth painted door to highlight a Modern-style home, the entry is the key welcoming trademark of every house. Curb appeal isn’t just a buzzword. It’s the wow factor people get when they drive by your home. It’s the cozy feel that welcomes guests to come in and stay a while. And most homeowners agree: An attractive front enrance not only adds curb appeal, but can increase perceived resale value.”
Therma-Tru designated each day of Door Do-Over Week to different topics that will help consumers learn more about their doors. Information will be posted daily on Therma-Tru’s Facebook and Twitter pages. Topics include:
- Monday, August 3rd – Door Evaluation Day: providing homeowners with methods to evaluate their current door for both energy-efficiency and aesthetic appeal.
- Tuesday, August 4th – What’s Inside Your Door Day: offering explanations of the various componenets and the system that makes up a door, including energy efficiency features.
- Wednesday, August 5th – Slam Your Door Day: talking about the wear and tear a door goes through and how doors are constructed and tested to withstand harsh treatment.
- Thursday, August 6th – Door Appeal Day: focusing on the tools available to homeowners for locating and deciding on what door options are available to them, along with tips for selecting doors that can enhance the overall look of a home.
- Friday, August 7th – I Love My Door Day: showcasing color advice for doors from national color expert Kate Smith, along with tips for enhancing the “top down” curb appeal of a home.
Along with Door Do-Over Week, Therma-Tru will be offering a Door Do-Over Sweepstakes that will run during the entire National Curb Appeal Month from August 1-31, 2015. Homeowners are invited to enter the sweepstakes online for a chance to win a “door do-over” sponsored by Therma-Tru, which includes a new fiberglass entry door system. Visit http://www.todayshomeowner.com/DoorDoOver/ to enter to win and learn more about the rules of the sweepstakes.